Wednesday 20 December 2017

Where the rainbow ends by Anurag Anand

"Where the rainbow ends" by Anurag Anand -  Is there a pot of gold?
This book is published by Shrishti publishers in 2013 and has 206 pages. 

Rahul is a divorced professional who lost all his material wealth to his wife in order to retain custody of his daughter, Myra. Avantika, an air hostess, becomes close to Rahul and Myra. One day she vanishes. 

What's the name of their relation? Who is Avantika? Why does she vanish? Who is behind it? Where the rainbow ends, is there a pot of gold?

It's a story of Rahul. His relation with Avantika has no name. His search for her, when she goes missing, is the main story. His past life, his first love, marriage to Shalini, birth of Myra and divorce come to the readers in flash back. 

For most part it's a sedentary story. It ambles along the route keeping the readers mildly interested. Just enough interested to not allow them to abandon. Then comes a twist, an unexpected twist. And then there comes another one. With the two twists the story suddenly becomes interesting. The book ends on a higher note.

I would have liked if both the twists were delivered together in the letter. That would have augmented the intensity and shock value. The story could have been a bit more interesting. 

However, I was not convinced by the reason for Avantika going down the path that she did. In perspective it looks unconvincing. Author has spent way too much time on the flash back.

This book was on my reading list for a long time. I purchased it 2-3 years ago and carried it with me on my travels as standby. But I never came to read it, for no apparent reason. This time I decided to prioritise it and thus read it. 

Why did I read this book? Was on wait list for too long. 
What I didn't like? Avantika's earlier decision.
What did I like? Twist.

Not a must read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment